The MD MEP Manufacturing Internship program places students into internships in Maryland manufacturing facilities. The goal of this program is to expose students to manufacturing and to get them excited and prepared for careers in the industry upon graduation. Not only does this program match manufacturers to students, this program also offers the students additional learning opportunities throughout the summer that are hosted by MD MEP. These learning activities include job readiness training, tours of manufacturing facilities and networking opportunities with their peers.
This program has proven to a huge success over the last two years with participating companies reporting over 1 million dollars in cost savings and other impacts due to the work of their interns.
How does it work?
Let MD MEP do the hard work! MD MEP will work with your company to discuss and identify specific projects and skills sets you are looking for. Once identified, MD MEP will manage the internship application process as well as the screening and initial interviews.
We are looking for Maryland manufacturing companies that are willing, able and excited to offer internship opportunities to rising college juniors, seniors and graduate students. If your company regularly engages interns or has the need for additional support, this program is a great way to gain access to students and potential future employees.
MD MEP’s ask of companies participating:
- Identify specific project(s) for the interns to complete during the Summer of 2018
- Identify schedule and hourly rate for the intern
- Allow the intern to attend all of MD MEP’s tours and learning events (schedule below).
- Friday, June 8 – MD MEP Internship Kick-off! Manufacturing 101, Job Readiness Training & Networking
- Friday, June 29 – Tour of Manufacturing Facility (TBD),
- Friday, July 13 – Tour of Manufacturing Facility (TBD)
- Friday, July 27 – Tour of Manufacturing Facility (TBD)
- Friday, August 10 – Final Report Out
If you are interested in participating or have any questions, please contact Kerry Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org.