MD MEP is partnering with universities throughout the State of Maryland to place students into 2017 summer internships in Maryland manufacturing facilities. This program will match a manufacturer with students studying Engineering, Business, Supply Chain Management, Marketing or a related field.
This program was a huge success in 2016 with participating companies reporting over $500,000 in cost savings and other impacts due to the work of their interns.
We are looking for Maryland Manufacturing companies that are willing, able and excited to offer internship opportunities to rising college juniors, seniors and graduate students. If your company regularly engages interns, or has the need for additional help or support, this program is a great way to gain access to students and potential future employees. The interns are being drawn from universities throughout Maryland and we have opened the program to students in Business, Engineering, the Sciences and related fields who have an interest in working in the manufacturing sector. We ask that companies consider providing one or more students the opportunity to engage in a summer internship at your organization.
MD MEP’s ask of the companies participating:
- Identify specific project(s) for Interns to complete during the time of internship
- Participate in Intern Project Report Out (Friday, August 4th)
- Allow Intern to attend all of our tours and continuous learning events (schedule below)
- Complete MD MEP Survey at the conclusion of the internship program
Let MD MEP do the hard work:
- Management of intern application process
- Identification, interview and screening of applicants
- Management and coordination of logistics
- MD MEP will bill companies at agreed upon rate
- MD MEP will pay and provide insurance coverage to student interns
- Friday, May 26 – Internship Kick off! Manufacturing 101, Networking & Soft Skills Training
- Friday, June 9 – Tour of Manufacturer(TBD), Interview Prep
- Friday, June 23 – Team Building, Simulation
- Friday, July 14 – Tour of Manufacturer (TBD), Project Management Training,
- Friday, July 28 – Tour of Manufacturer (TBD)
- Friday, August 4 – Final Session & Report out!
If you are interested in participating or have any questions, please contact Kerry Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org.